Sunday, September 25, 2011

BROWNIES 19



Here in blogland we have a very significant event approaching, Chele's and Choclette's baby has reached the ripe old age of ONE! Yes, the wonderful We Should Cocoa has come of age - not bad when they have to decide on different ingredients to challenge us to team up with chocolate every month - some have been more difficult than others (you know what they were Choclette!!!!!). 

This month Chele has asked us to bake something for the birthday celebration, and what could Brownieville Girl bake but some brownies - these were my maiden voyage in my new oven - and I probably underestimated the amount of  time they needed - the center was maybe a teeny weeny bit too squidgy - but that said they were just delicious.

Walnut Brownies
adapted from Rachel Allen's BAKE

175g               70% Cocoa Chocolate
175g               Butter cubed
25g                 Good Cocoa Powder sifted
3                     large eggs
1 tsp               vanilla extract
225g               light brown sugar
100g               plain flour, sifted
50g                 walnuts - to place on each brownie

Preheat oven to 180 C
Line a 20cm x 20cm tin with parchment paper

Melt the chocolate, butter and cocoa powder together in a bowl over simmering water.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
In a separate large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract for at least 2 minutes, while still whipping add the chocolate mixture and continue to whisk until combined.
Add the flour and fold through with a metal spoon.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and place the walnuts on top.
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until dry on top but still slightly fudgy in the middle.
Remove from the tin and allow to cool in the tin.
When cool cut into squares and serve.

Enjoy.


18 comments:

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Oh how delicious these look, I think this is a recipe my nieces would also like, so I'll share it with them! How lucky and I to have 3 of 5 nieces who love to bake! The other 2 love to cook!

I'd also like to thank you for your kind words about my mom. She will be forever missed and kept in our hearts.

Victory Rolls & Mixing Bowls said...

brownies are allllllways good for birthdays :D

Nom! x

Gloria Baker said...

Love your brownies!!! gloria

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Is there anyone who would ever turn down a brownie? I know I wouldn't and these look delicious.

Prema said...

wow perfect brownies,they turned gorgeous...

Unknown said...

stunning looking brownies there BVG... simple and gorgeous... I will make these this week now that I have the knack for brownie-making... and I love the gooey interior anyway, so these are heaven for me!

Gloria Baker said...

Dear Brownie girl I want to ask you something can you mail me?? to gloriadelpilar_1994@yahoo.com because I cannot access to your mail.

Thanks so much! gloria

MissCakeBaker said...

They look delicious! Gooey middle is always good

Rita said...

My oldest son always asked for brownies for his birthday; he is 47 and still is brownie guy. Reminds me I haven't made them in ages.
Rita

Karen S Booth said...

The middle loves amazing, all unctuous and gooey!What a great entry for the BIG CHOCOLATE birthday party!
Karen

The Ordinary Cook said...

Ha ha, poor Choclette. They look perfect, I like a squidgy middle.

Chele said...

Yay!!! So pleased brownies have made it to the party table ... especially ones made by your good self ;0)
Thanks for taking part with us!

teresa said...

oh these sound just delicious!!

Choclette said...

Just love that are on no 19 - fantastic. Gorgeous looking brownies and I'm not too sure there is such a thing as too squidgy in my book. As brownies are probably my all time favourite, I will be racing around to your side of the table. Thanks for coming to the party.

Thanks for the kind words - I'm now thinking up something really dastardly for next month ;-)

Jo said...

I could really do with a squidgy brownie right now, even though it's after midnight. I really shouldn't look at food blogs before I go to bed!

Pam said...

Brownies are perfect for a birthday celebration. Yours look gooey delicious!

Baking Addict said...

I'll have to try these soon. I love gooey brownies :)

Gloria Baker said...

Brownie when you have time can you mail me?

gloriadelpilar_1994@yahoo.com

I cannot access your mail